Terms & Conditions
1. General In these conditions any reference to the Company means London Retro Bus Hire, trading name of Waymour Bus Hire Limited.
2. The Hirer is responsible to the company for any damage to the vehicle, its fittings or equipment caused by the negligence or misconduct of any passengers carried thereon.
3. The Hirer may not cause the hours of work or driving performed by the driver to break the law relating to driver’s hours as set out in the 1968 Road Traffic Act and any subsequent amendments.
4. Additions and modifications of any sort, such as stickers, notices, decorations or branding shall not be displayed in or from the vehicle without the prior consent of the Company. The Company hold the right to take payment at any time after the above has been applied of up to £695.00 plus any damage repair costs for the removal.
4.1. Any damage to the vehicle is chargeable and cost determined by the Company’s approved supplier plus administration fees and hire costs for any time the vehicle is out of service.
4.2. Crewing glue, graffiti and any such like left on the vehicle/s hired will incur at least the Bus Clear up charge as per the booking form, plus any additional costs for damage see term 4.1.. The Company fully inspect all vehicles before and after each hire so you will be notified immediately.
4.3. All fixtures, temporary or permanent, such as personalised signs, artwork or branding of any type are the property of the Company once applied / added to our vehicle.
4.4. There are no guarantees of the condition of any products after use on the vehicle, and whether they can be removed and taken away or posted to the Hirer. This is down to the discretion of the Company.
4.5. Wrapping, vinyl, magnetic or sticky branding authorised by the Company is to take place by our approved or the Hirer’s approved supplier. If the Hirer’s approved supplier is responsible, then our vehicle is to be returned in the condition in which it was originally hired.
4.6. Rope tied or hanging none abrasive posters / banners, once approved, do not hold any charge unless damage to the vehicle is caused by these.
5. The Company shall not be responsible for any failure to execute this contract by reason of accident, fire, tempest, strikes, heavy and/or unpredicted traffic or any cause outside their control.
6. With especially, but not limited to, open top buses we will not be responsible or liable for any adverse effects of wind/weather to those passengers travelling on the vehicle.
7. The Company shall not be responsible or liable for loss or damage to luggage or other property brought onto the vehicle during the period of hire however caused. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure they have all their belongings at the end of the hire.
8. This contract shall not be varied in whole or in part except by mutual consent of the Company and the Hirer.
9. The hire start and finish times plus the purpose of the booking will be agreed prior to the hire date as will the locations to be visited. We reserve the right to decline any hire where payment has not been made in full (refer to clause 9), the Booking form has not been returned in sufficient time, and signed and completed with a truthful description.
9.1. If there are any changes to your booking including times, dates or venues than those agreed, we reserve the right to charge accordingly for work carried out and lost work.
9.2. The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that all information provided on the booking form is correct – dates, times, addresses, passenger numbers etc.
10. Quotations for hire are valid for 1 month. Any changes to original pricing will have to be reassessed. This excludes any discounts offered; they are subject to change unless booked immediately or by the date provided by the Company at the point of quote.
11. Age restrictions apply and all Hirers must be over 21. Any hire where the party includes a significant number (as determined by the company) of passengers under the age of 18 must include at least two responsible adults as passengers.
12. Alcohol may not be taken on to, or consumed on the bus unless by strict arrangement with the Company at the time of booking. This includes such events as travel to sporting venues. A damage deposit may be requested at the time of booking, at the discretion of the Company. Any permitted alcohol must be consumed from plastic glasses not individual bottles with straws. The Hirer is responsible for removing the debris at the end of the hire, and the
Company can accept no liability, nor responsibility for clothing becoming dirtied or damaged. The crew have the right in all circumstances to refuse travel to any person they deem drunken, riotous, or offensive in accordance with PSV ‘Conduct’ Regulations 1990 as amended.
13. Smoking is not permitted on the bus.
14. The authority of the Driver and / or Conductor is final. They have the right to stop the bus, terminate the hire or ask passengers to leave the bus at their discretion for reasons of safety, health, behaviour or any other reason. In such an event, no refund will be given nor will the hirer receive compensation.
15. Violence, foul language, intimidation antagonism or any form of anti-social behaviour towards the Driver, Conductor or any member of this Company’s staff will not be tolerated and will result in the immediate termination of the service and police involvement if necessary. Acts of vandalism or malicious damage caused to the vehicle will face prosecution.
16. Additional charges such as parking fees, permits or entry fees will be levied in accordance with the charges imposed by the company supplying the services. Such charges are to be paid on demand or ideally in advance of the date of hire. In addition, the cost of any wilful damage or unreasonable cleaning will be charged to the Hirer.
17. For the avoidance of doubt a driver will wait for maximum of 15 minutes from the scheduled departure time confirmed by the Hirer in their booking form. Should the Hirer not have arrived for departure within this period, the Company shall be relieved of any obligation to provide the service and hall have no liability to the Hirer for any costs incurred by the Hirer in completing their journey. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company shall use
reasonable endeavours to complete the journey at full cost to the Hirer.
18. The Company gives any advice on journey time/s in good faith, but does not guarantee that the vehicle will perform the journey in any given time and the Company shall not be accountable for any loss, inconvenience or damage which may arise from any delay, detention or breakdown. We always try to arrive in good time, before your hire starts, but it is not always possible to be certain that the vehicle will not encounter problems with congestion or road closures.
19. Payment Method and Terms
- • All hires are payable in advance. Payment details will be agreed upon confirmation of hire.
- • All payments must be received in sterling and net of any transaction charges.
- • In the case of a deposit, until the non-refundable deposit is received the hire is not confirmed and can be cancelled or the price may change.
- • The balance of the hire charge is due two weeks (14 days) before the hire date, unless stated otherwise by the company.
- • If a booking is made within 14 days of the hire date, the cost is payable in full at the time of booking.
- • Any discounted prices quoted are payable in full at the time of booking.
- • No service will be provided unless cleared funds have been received in full.
- • Cancellations will incur the following charges: – 28 days or more before event = deposit only. 27 days or less before event date = 100%.
- • Cancellations must be made in writing.
20. If the Hirer is in any doubt as to the suitability of any roads necessary to the execution of the hire for the safe passage of the bus they must notify the Company at the time of booking and pay any charge that is requested for a route survey to be carried out. No liability can be accepted if the bus is unable to safely reach any or all stopping-off points should this not be done and the adjudication of the driver in such circumstances will be final.
20.1. Should a vehicle be detained by the Hirer or taken on a longer journey than that contracted for the Company reserves the right to make an additional charge commensurate with the costs incurred. During the hiring the driver is the sole judge of the reasonableness of any request for a change of route or time. In any event the vehicle(s) will depart at times agreed with the Hirer, and the Company will not be liable for any loss or injury sustained by any passengers who fail to join a vehicle at the appointed time. Alternation to any agreed itinerary must be agreed with the Company direct, not the driver.
20.2. The Hirer must ensure that access is feasible for a vehicle which in the case of a double deck is likely to be 14 feet 6 inches in height, by 8 feet wide and 30 feet in length. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure access is possible at both pick up/s and destination/s. The Company reserves the right to refuse to enter an area where access is likely to cause damage to either vehicle or passengers.
20.3. The Hirer cannot assume that he will have the use of the vehicle or that it will remain at the destination between outward and return journeys, unless this has been agreed with the Company in advance.
21. The safety of passengers is our first priority. The following guidelines must be followed by all passengers: –
- • Passengers may not move between the upper and lower decks while the bus is in motion and must remain seated whenever possible while the bus is in motion
- • Passengers must act in accordance with any instructions given by the conductor
- • The total number of passengers carried will always be limited to the seating capacity displayed on the vehicle and Passengers may not travel on the bus platform.
22. Our vehicles are not fitted with seat belts. If children are coming on board without parents, it is advisable to gain parental consent and provide adult supervision on the bus.
23. The Company cannot accept liability, or responsibility for clothing becoming dirtied or damaged. This is particularly relevant during times of inclement weather, or where food and alcohol are consumed on board.
24. In the event of the mechanical failure of any of its buses or other unforeseen circumstance such as but not limited to, an accident, puncture, traffic jam or severe weather, the Company will endeavour to provide a suitable replacement at the earliest opportunity. However, due to the nature of the business this may take some time and should the Hirer decide to make alternative arrangements then the Company cannot accept any responsibility for the costs so incurred. No liability for consequential loss can be accepted and under all circumstances compensation cannot exceed the original cost of the hire.
25. The Company will always try to provide any vehicle specifically requested at the time of booking for a hire. However, due to the nature of the business it is not always possible to guarantee that any vintage vehicle will always be available for service when required and the Company reserves the right in these circumstances to substitute any suitable alternative vehicle at its own discretion.
26. The Company reserve the right to substitute vehicles loaned to them by other operators for the company’s vehicles without any preliminary notice.
27. The Company reserves the right to keep the Hirer’s payment details on file in order to take payment should a breach of the Company terms and conditions occur, first informing the Hirer of the breach / breaches through any contact means provided by the Hirer.
28. The Company reserve the right to cancel the hire of our vehicle at any point if any breaches in our terms and conditions are determined.
29. The Hirer is advised to read these conditions before entering into any hire contract with the Company and will thereafter be deemed to have accepted
them in full.